How To Celebrate National Cat Day 2021: Cats are the most popular pet animal and provide excellent human connection. In Canada, August 8 is National Cat Day, while in the United States, October 29 is National Cat Day. National Cat Day was established to raise awareness about rescuing cats, to educate people about the number of cats that need to be saved each year, and to bring cat lovers together to help the animals. Cute and modest cats require a lot of love, attention, and companionship.
In 2005, “Colleen Paige” who is a passionate advocate for animal welfare as well as a pet lifestyle expert established National Cat Day. This day’s major goal is to raise awareness about the number of domestic cats who need to be saved each year. National Cat Day’s main goal is to raise awareness of homeless cats.
This has saved the lives of almost one million cats since its beginning. Cats are beautiful creatures, and as pets, they are quite close to people. Cats make wonderful companions. Cats bring joy, amusement, and happiness to the faces of millions of humans. People adore having them as pets. Cats have their own way of life and routine. National Cat Day Memes photos and images are very popular on the internet.
National Cat Day In the USA:
Celebrated Annually, the 29th of October
Celebrated National Cat Day In Canada:
The 8th of August is the date of the celebration.
Holiday Type: National
Observed: Every year
Founder: Colleen Paige is the founder of this day.
#NationalCatDay is the hashtag to use.
International Cat Day:
Celebrated Annually on 8th August
Explore History Of National Cat Day:
Every year on August 8, Canada celebrates National Cat Day, whereas the United States celebrates it on October 29. As a passionate cat lover, Colleen Paige, a lifestyle writer, invented the day National Cat Day in 2005. Many national holidays, including National Pet Day, National Dog Day, and National Puppy Day, are named after her. She introduced this day with the following goals in mind.
- To raise public awareness about the large number of cats who need to be saved each year.
- To support cat lovers in their efforts to save cats by commemorating National Cat Day and using it as an occasion to honor cats who show us love and warmth.
- Spread kindness to cats by spreading the wing of kindness.
- Ancient seafarers would bring cats to protect food from rats, according to a Rome expert.
Colleen Paige adores cats and has always supported them. As a result, she believes that this day was historic for humanity. Cat Day was very quickly adopted in the United States, and an organization was formed to help people adopt pets to prevent animal abuse. This organization works tirelessly to raise awareness for rescued animals. Also, make every effort to address the mounting difficulties associated with feral cat colonies.
According to Science magazine, cats were once considered feral, but the process of domestication began in Middle Eastern nations such as Israel, Iraq, and Lebanon. Cats lived with people before they were domesticated, according to DNA analysis. During this time, the wild cat became a domesticated cat in a gradual manner.
Ancient sailors carried cats with them to safeguard food stores from rats, according to Claudio Ottoni of the University of Rome. In this way, cats spread all over the world quickly. Cats’ DNA reveals that they lived alongside people for thousands of years before being domesticated, and their genomes have altered from wildcats, according to National Geographic.
Cats are capable of acting in accordance with our moods and feelings. They’ve abandoned their natural desire to dwell in human houses and apartments (Specially indoor cats). On National Cat Day, we should be grateful for all the great love that cats provide us.
National Cat Day Dates From 2020 To 2024:
How To Celebrate National Cat Day 2021:
There are several ways to demonstrate your love, care, and compassion towards cats. Here are some ideas on how to celebrate National Cat Day with your pet-loving pals.
- You may work with animal welfare organizations to supply the fundamental needs that cats require for a happy existence.
- We can aid cats by providing appropriate health care and bringing the issue of cats to the attention of government authorities so that they may take the necessary steps to protect them.
- How can you resist capturing images of cats and publishing them on social networking sites with some awareness quotes, allowing you to reach out to a larger number of people in a short amount of time?
- Invest in some entertaining toys for your pet.
- Make the cat complete certain exercises and offer a calming massage to its entire body.
- Consider arranging a picture shoot with your beloved cat.
- Purchase a lovely collar for your cat and lavish it with affection.
- Attempt to rescue a cat from your neighborhood and lavish love and attention on it.
Some Other Best Ways To Celebrate National Cat Day 2021:
- Try to rescue a helping cat.
- Try to adopt the neediest cat from any animal shelter home.
- Take good care of your cat’s health at all times.
- Always ready to donate some food, money, blankets, and toys to animal welfare groups.
- Volunteering at a local shelter is a great way to give back to your community.
- Prepare cat-shaped cookies for your children, friends, and family to eat with your cat. Prepare tuna biscuits for your darling and gorgeous cat as well.
- Spend the entire day with your cat, snapping photographs and sharing them on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
- Make a painting of your cat as a portrait.
- Purchase a new entertaining toy for your cat and present it with the reward.
- Purchase an official National Cat Day tee on the internet.
- Before adopting a new cat, get your home inspected for safety.
Why it is Important to Celebrating National Cat Day:
National Cat Day was created to raise awareness about the need of rescuing cats and preserving their lives; consequently, the day should be observed with zeal. It contributes to raising public awareness about the need of saving cats’ lives. Furthermore, people should be aware of their responsibilities in caring for and safeguarding cats.